Thursday, November 11, 2010

Procrastination

I was never one to have a big problem with procrastination. I wouldn’t start homework as soon as I got it, but I wouldn’t wait until the last possible second either. Lately, that has been changing. I no longer have my parents to say, “Is all of your homework done” as I am leaving the dinner table every night. I have to remember to do my homework on my own. My problem is not remembering though, it’s actually doing the work before last minute.
If you have trouble remembering to finish work I would definitely get an agenda or a planner to keep track of your homework. Even a small notebook will work. Make sure you write down EVERYTHING. It may even be helpful to highlight really important things like research papers and projects. Make sure you check your planner each day as a reminder of due dates. It doesn’t help if you just write down an assignment and then forget about it.
Make your own due dates. If a teacher says a big assignment is due on a Friday, tell yourself it’s due on Wednesday. This way you will make sure to have your assignment done on time. You will also have extra time to check over your work for mistakes and ask your teacher any questions you may have. Waiting until last minute to write a paper is never a good idea. You may think you will have enough time but something unexpected may come up. Whatever strategy you use the most important thing is that your work gets done on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment