Sunday, October 17, 2010

Dirty Business

While at college I have discovered something. I have discovered that some people are complete slobs. Luckily I have a clean roommate, but I cannot say the same about some of the other girls on my floor. The way my dorm is set up is that each floor (about 20 girls or guys) shares one bathroom. We had to have a meeting a few nights ago with the housing director because the janitor that cleans our bathroom told him it was gross. There was a pile of dirt in the middle of the floor! Seriously? How does a pile of dirt get in the middle of the floor without someone noticing they brought it in? People need to just clean up after themselves. People also have cereal or soup in their rooms and when they wash out the bowl in the bathroom they just leave the leftover food in the sink. Gross.
So my advice to you is to clean up after yourself. You may think, “Oh it’s only a few cheerios in the sink. No one will notice” but cheerios add up and they clog the sink. Trust me, the janitor will notice. If you just clean up after yourself than you won’t have to sit in a boring meeting listening to people tell you to clean the bathroom. If you notice your bathroom getting dirty I would recommend that you talk to your floor advisor right away so that things don’t get too out of hand. Maybe you can suggest putting up signs to remind people to clean up after themselves. Whatever you do though, don’t make a mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment